How to Uninstall Mcafee Endpoint Security?
Mcafee Endpoint Security is a robust and well-integrated cybersecurity solution designed specifically for the Endpoint Environment. In other words, it gives you holistic protection cover for operations, investigations, and security controls. This purpose-built security solution uses cutting-edge technology to prevent threats and security breach. For instance, AI, Machine Learning, Essential Antivirus, Behavioral Analysis, Firewall, Exploit Prevention, Web Control Communicate, Centralized Management, Real-time Scanning, Data Visualization, Application Containment, Cloud Analytics, Rollback Remediation etc.
Procedures To Uninstall Mcafee Endpoint Security
At times, it becomes important for users to get rid of installed Mcafee Endpoint Security Solutions on account of various technical reasons. For this, McAfee livesafe offers two different methods as explained below.
➣ First Method
- In the very first place, you must go to the bottom left-hand side of your monitor screen.
- Besides the Windows “Start” button, locate the “File Explorer” icon. Launch it by clicking on it.
- On the following “File Explorer” window, look at the left-hand panel. Here, you must click on “This PC”.
- Now, go to the top right-hand corner. Then, enter “FrmInst.exe” correctly in the “Search Bar”. After that, hit the “Enter” key.
- The search result may take 3-10 minutes. Hence, wait.
- When you get the required File, right-click on it. Then, select “Open File Location”.
- Thereafter, click “File” from the top left-hand corner. Then, select “Open Windows PowerShell”.
- After that, choose the option to “Open Windows PowerShell as Administrator”. When prompted to confirm, click “Yes”.
- Subsequently, provide your Computer’s Administrator Login Credentials.
- When you get the “PowerShell” window, you must accurately type in “.\FrmInst.exe /forceuninstall”. Then, press the “Enter” key.
- With this, it brings up the required Removal Tool.
- Once the Removal Tool stops running, select “OK”. Thereafter, exit the “PowerShell” window.
- Now, click on the Windows “Start” button.
- Thereafter, launch the “Settings” App by clicking on the “Gear” icon.
- Next, you must click on the “Apps Item”.
- When you get the Apps & Features Search Bar, enter “McAfee”. Then, hit “Enter”.
- The Search Result will display three Programs. To begin with, uninstall “McAfee Endpoint Security Firewall”. Subsequently, repeat the given steps for the remaining Applications.
- For this, click on the “Uninstall” button beside the Application.
- When prompted, click “Uninstall”.
- On the following “User Account Control” window, click “Yes”.
➣ Second Method
- Launch the “Start” Menu of your System.
- Then, select “Control Panel”. For this, check the right-hand panel of the following window.
- Now, click on the “Programs and Features” tab. Certain OS may require you to choose the “Apps & Features” option.
- Here, you may get all of the installed software for Mcafee Endpoint Security. In other words, you may get one or all of the following options.
- Threat Prevention
- Web Control
- As such, right-click on the Application that you want to Uninstall. Thereafter, select the “Uninstall” button.
- When prompted, provide the Application Password. “McAfee” is the default Password. However, in case if it has been changed, reset the same by contacting the official Tech Support team.
- The uninstallation process may take up to 30 minutes. Hence, wait for it.
- After that, return back to the “Programs and Features” window. Then, get rid of “McAfee Agent”.
- Finally, close down the “Programs and Features” window to complete the Uninstallation process of Mcafee Endpoint Security.