Almost everyone who has ever downloaded a third-party antivirus or security tool has heard of a few names when it comes to computer and internet security, and McAfee is one of those brands. Furthermore, Mcafee.com/activate is one of the significant producers of computer and internet security products; therefore, if you have one of their programs on your computer, you better understand that it will remain there. However, unlike other computer and internet security programs, removing a McAfee product requires more than just uninstalling the program itself. Moreover, you’ll also need to remove any leftover files. You can use the McAfee Removal Tool or MCPR tool in this situation.
The McAfee Removal Tool can completely wipe off the McAfee antivirus software from your device or different operating system. It would be beneficial for users to utilize the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool in addition to uninstalling the program. It will thoroughly remove a McAfee product from your computer and clean up the leftover cache it leaves behind. It’s not difficult to delete a McAfee product using the MCPR program, but you should be aware that you must first uninstall the McAfee product via the standard method before utilizing the MCPR tool to get rid of any leftover traces.
How to download the McAfee Removal Tool?
In order to perform the complete McAfee cleanup, it is essential to download the removal utility application. Therefore, follow the below instructions precisely for the same:
- First, shut all your running programs and disable the McAfee Antivirus on your system.
- Now, open a secure web browser and search for the MCPR tool or McAfee Removal Tool.
- Next, press enter and navigate to Mcafee.com/activate.
- Here, on the screen, look for the removal tool and subsequently download it for your device.
- After that, double-tap on the downloaded MCPR file from your system default download folder or where you have saved the file.
- Now, the MCPR installation wizard will open, and the installation will begin.
Note: before using the McAfee Removal Tool, uninstall the McAfee program from your system.
How to uninstall McAfee from Windows 10 and 11
This section outlines a step-by-step uninstallation tutorial if you require a more in-depth explanation of the McAfee removal method for Windows. Thus, adhere to the below instructions to use the McAfee Removal tool to remove McAfee on Windows OS:
- Before you start, save your work and shut off any running programs.
- Next, get the MCPR tool now.
- Now, double-click on the MCPR to open (select yes if a security warning appears).
- Click Next on the MCPR wizard screen to proceed.
- On the following screen, tick the licensing agreement box.
- After that, enter the needed Security Verification Code on the next screen.
- The uninstalling procedure will start when you click Next.
- You’ll see a screen similar to the one below after it’s finished. To complete the uninstallation process, click Restart.
How to uninstall McAfee from Mac
It’s easy to uninstall McAfee software from macOS. See the instructions for removing a McAfee product below. Before you start, ensure your laptop is powered on if you use one. Steps to remove McAfee from a Mac are as follows:
- Locate the McAfee Internet Security installation by selecting Applications from the Apple menu, then click Go.
- To start the removal process, follow the wizard’s instructions.
- To proceed, enter your admin account and password.
- Finally, you might need to restart your device after the setup is complete.
The McAfee installation file is not visible. It might have been erased or eliminated during the installation of the application. If this occurs, take the following actions:
- Open Finder and choose programs from the directory list on the left.
- Find the installed McAfee product that you want to uninstall.
- The application will be deleted if you click and drag it to your Trash.